Patchouli 100 % Therapeutic grade
Botanical Name: Pogostemon Cablin / Plant Part: Leaves / Extraction Method: Steam Distilled / Origin: Indonesia
Patchouli oil is derived from a large evergreen perennial that is a member of the Labiatae family, and a close relative of mint, lavender, and sage.
Therapeutic properties of patchouli: Antidepressant, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antiviral, and antifungal; reduces fluid retention
promote healing from burns and wounds
reduce inflammation – like gout and arthritis
combating nervous disorders
helps with dandruff
The specific properties include use as an antidepressant, anti-inflammatory, anti-emetic, antimicrobal, antiphlogistic, antiseptic, antitoxic, antiviral, aphrodisiac, astringent, bactericidal, carminative, deodorant, digestive, diuretic, febrifuge, fungicidal, nervine, prophylactic, stimulating and tonic agent
Sexual problems (men and women) – It stimulates the sex hormones estrogen and testosterone, and helps boost your sex drive. It is useful for impotence, loss of libido, erectile dysfunction, and sexual anxiety.
- Use as a moth repellent for fabrics and clothes
- In aromatherapy – it is said to help relieve anxiety, stress, and depression
- Its calming effect is very effective for relaxation and meditation
Other ways to use patchouli oil:
- mix it into your face cream, lotion, or shampoo, or even add it to your bathwater.
- help prevent wrinkles and cellulites
- Simply dilute it in a light carrier oil. ( Safflower oil, Avocado oil, Coconut oil, Sweet Almond oil, Grapeseed oil, etc. )
- Patchouli has long been used in skin care for its ability to help alleviate such issues as acne-prone conditions, eczema, inflammation, and cracked, chapped, irritated skin.
Dab a small amount on your skin
- to soothe cuts, scrapes, burns, and sores, as well as insect bites.
Apply a few drops
- on your wrists or add it to your sheets
- it will keep ants, bedbugs, and other pests away.
Place two to three drops on a cotton ball
- dab it on your underarms to prevent body odor.
Mix a couple of drops into your shampoo or conditioner
- treats dandruff and oily hair. Leave it on for a few minutes before rinsing.
Fungal infection — It helps inhibit fungal growth and gives you protection against notorious infections, such as athlete’s foot
All information contained within this site is for reference purposes only and are not intended to substitute the advice given by a pharmacist, physician, or any other licensed health-care professional. Show Some Scents products have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any health condition or disease.