Clary Sage – 100% Therapeutic Grade
- Botanical Name: Salvia sclarea Plant Part: Leaves and Flowers / Extraction Method: Steam Distilled / Origin: China / Color: Colorless to pale yellow clear liquid.
Ways to use: best to blend with a carrier oil before using topically. A general guideline is 4-8 drops in ½ teaspoon of carrier oil for adult topical use. Once you have tried it, you will know if you need to blend more or less.
- Common Uses: Clary Sage Essential Oil is viewed by aromatherapists as an antidepressant, antispasmodic, deodorant, emmenagogue, hypotensive, nervine, sedative, tonic and uterine.
- Very helpful in dealing with strong emotions, such as fear, stress, and anxiety.
- It is well known for providing a euphoric action, for balancing uterine issues
- an agent to clean greasy hair / great for skin and hair care / can help treat seborrhea and hair loss / also helps get rid of acne.
- helps you strengthen your immune system, it can help treat respiratory issues involving sore throat, bronchitis, and other infections.
- Due to its sedative and antispasmodic nature, it can also help relax the spasms of asthma
- Clary Sage Essential Oil has an earthy, fruity and floral aroma that is both nutty and herbaceous.
- It is an herb, believed to be a native species of Europe, which has been highly praised as a medicinal plant
- throughout history, particularly owing to its numerous benefits for vision and eye health.
- As the name suggests, Clary Sage oil was and still is primarily used as a cleanser for the eyes. It is supposed to brighten eyes, improve vision and protect loss of vision due to premature or normal aging.
- has helped some people treat claustrophobia.
- Anticonvulsive: It calms down and reduces convulsions, whether their are epileptic or from some other nervous disorder or mental condition.
- Helps strengthen the kidneys.
- Antiseptic: Wounds will not become septic, nor will they be infected with tetanus germs if Clary Sage oil is topically applied to them.
- Can help treat excessive sweating.
- The antiseptic qualities can protect the body during periods of surgical recovery.
- It is an aphrodisiac, which means a substance or stimulus that boosts libido and feelings of sexual desire. It is very effective in treating frigidity, psychological problems resulting in loss of libido, and even impotency. Studies have shown it to be equally effective in males and females. It affects the hormones of the body and increases testosterone levels, which can seriously increase performance and interest in sexual activities.
- Astringent: it is never a bad idea to use Clary Sage oil because it has astringent properties. It does not only strengthen your gums, but also strengthens and tones the skin, muscles and hair follicles, preventing hair loss and making you look and feel younger
- Hypotensive: Hypotensive is the antonym of Hypertensive. Clary Sage oil is very effective in reducing blood pressure by relaxing the veins and arteries allows the blood vessels to widen and allows for increased circulation, resulting in increased oxygenation to the muscles and organ systems
- Skin Health: there is an ester present in Clary Sage essential oil called linalyl acetate, which reduces skin inflammation and heal rashes.
- Clary Sage oil, owing to its carminative properties, can eliminate your gas
- Emmenagogue: If you are having troubles with irregular, obstructed or painful menses, you can try Clary Sage oil before you spend a fortune on specialized treatment from a gynecologist. There is no need to worry, since it has no adverse side effects.
- It also cures dizziness and mental irritation during menses as well as in cases of Post Menopause Syndrome.
- can help reduce the symptoms and negative effects associated with menstruation like cramping, bloating, mood swings, and cravings for food by balancing the hormones
- Euphoric: Clary Sage oil can induce a feeling of immense joy, confidence, pleasure This is why it is frequently used to cure depression or chronic stress and anxiety.
- Sedative: need more sleep throughout the night, feeling edgy, uptight or stressed need to concentrate – reduces inflammation and creating a calming effect
- Stomachic: maintains the health of the stomach and regulates secretions of digestive juices helps to stimulate efficient absorption of nutrients and digestion of food, and regulation of bowel movements. By regulating bowel movements, it can also protect the integrity of your colon and reduce the changes of more serious gastrointestinal conditions, including colorectal cancer.
- Helps the healing of ulcers and wounds in the stomach
- Deodorant: only a little is needed – use diluted with a carrier oil
- Uterine: Clary Sage oil helps to maintain good health of the uterus. It prevents some of the most common uterine problems that women have after menopause, including uterine tumors, bleeding, and pain. — regulates hormones like estrogen and ensures long-term health of the uterus,
- Clary Sage essential oil can be used to battle addiction (particularly drugs)
- Labor Pains: eases labor and reduces labor pains.
Caution: It can enhance the intoxicating effects of alcohol and other narcotics, since it is a relaxant and a sedative by nature. Heavy dosage can also cause headaches. Pregnant or nursing women should avoid using it. Clary Sage Oil is non-toxic, and non-sensitizing.
All information contained within this site is for reference purposes only and are not intended to substitute the advice given by a pharmacist, physician, or any other licensed health-care professional. Show Some Scents products have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any health condition or disease.