Cedarwood – 100% Therapeutic Grade
- Botanical Name: Cedrus atlantica Plant Part: Wood Extraction Method: Steam Distilled Origin: USA Color: Golden yellow to orange-brown liquid.
- Cedarwood Atlas Oil has a woody, sweet, sharper note than Virginian Cedarwood, slight aroma reminiscent of artificial mothballs, balsamic.
Common Uses: Cedarwood (Atlas) Oil can be used to assist with acne, arthritis, bronchitis, coughing, cystitis, dandruff, dermatitis, stress. It has warming, uplifting, and toning properties.
- is said to have a grounding, calming affect on the nervous system and is thought to have the spiritual affect of bringing people together. It may help individuals feel strong and confident in themselves, while still reaching out for connection and support from those around them, both rooting a person and opening their heart.
- Nearly all types of spasms and related ailments can be relieved using this oil.
- Considered to be comforting, reviving and considered an aphrodisiac.
- Astringent: helps to cure toothaches, strengthens the grip of gums on teeth and protects them from falling out.
- DRY SCALP – helps reduce dry or flaky scalp. It stimulates the scalp and increases circulation — mix with Coconut Oil rub on scalp leave on 5 mins. then rinse
- can be used as a general health tonic, since it tones the organ systems and stimulates metabolism. It tightens and tones muscles, skin, nervous system, stomach, digestive system and brain functions.
- SKIN CARE: acne, dandruff, dermatitis, eczema, fungal infections, greasy skin, hair loss, skin eruptions, ulcers
- Also an expectorant and efficiently eliminates coughs and removes phlegm from the respiratory tracts and lungs, thereby relieving congestion
- CIRCULATION – MUSCLES and JOINTS: arthritis, rheumatism
- Also known as an emmenagogue, which means it stimulates and bring about menstruation, while also regulates the cycle.
- RESPIRATORY SYSTEM: bronchitis, catarrh, congestion, coughs
- When used in vaporizers, it drives away mosquitoes, flies and other insects in a large area around the house.
- GENITO-URINARY SYSTEM: cystitis, leucorrhoea, pruritis ( the medical term for itching, is a common symptom of allergies, inflammation, or even physical irritation)
- It is an excellent sedative, and has a great soothing and calming effect on the mind
- NERVOUS SYSTEM: nervous tension and stress related conditions
- Also recommended for people with chronic anxiety, stress, and depression.
- Cautions: Non-toxic, non-irritant. Avoid during pregnancy. Pregnant women should avoid its use altogether.
- Cedarwood oil cannot be ingested in any quantity.
All information contained within this site is for reference purposes only and are not intended to substitute the advice given by a pharmacist, physician, or any other licensed health-care professional. Show Some Scents products have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any health condition or disease.