Basil 100% Therapeutic Grade essential oil — sourced from India
- Botanical name: Ocimum basilicum
- Major Constituents:
Linalool (the higher the better)
Methyl chavicol (the less the better)
Beta-Caryophyllene (helps with inflammation)
- Diffusing Basil oil can also help to promote a sense of mental alertness and focus
- Basil Oil also may help with addiction to caffeine and even Marijuana and those who are a workaholic.
- Eye Health: It is ophthalmic and can quickly relieve bloodshot eyes. inhale and/or apply to sides of head near eyes (temples)
- Treats nausea, motion sickness, indigestion, Constipation, respiratory problems, and diabetes.
- Basil oil is also a good source of Vitamin A , Magnesium , Potassium, iron and Calcium.
- Carminative properties, it is used for treating indigestion, constipation, stomach cramps and flatulence.
- Cosmetic Applications: Basil essential oil is used topically and massaged into the skin. It enhances the luster of dull-looking skin and hair.
- Illness: Basil essential oil is effective in providing relief from colds, influenza and associated fevers. Due to its antispasmodic nature, it is frequently used to treat symptoms of whooping cough.
- Respiratory: Along with its function in relieving coughs, it can also be used to treat asthma, bronchitis, and sinus infections.
- Infections: Basil oil is good for treating a variety of infections such as cuts, wounds, skin infections, and bladder infections due to its antibacterial properties.
- Also good for viral infections that attack the body
- Pain Relief: Basil essential oil is an analgesic and provides relief from pain
- Vomiting and Nausea: It can be used to prevent vomiting, particularly when the source of the nausea is motion sickness.
- Itching: Basil essential oil is also a good treatment for itching from bites and stings from honey bees, insects and even snakes.
- Stress Disorders: This essential oil has a refreshing effect when smelled or consumed, so it is used for treating nervous tension, mental fatigue, melancholy, migraines and depression. Due to the calming nature of basil essential oil, it is widely used in aromatherapy. Regularly using this essential oil provides mental strength and clarity.
- After a lively day playing sports or engaging in activity, apply a few drops of Basil oil to the areas of your skin that you feel could use some soothing.
- In order to ease some of the effects of the menstrual cycle, put one drop of Basil oil into a Veggie Capsule and take internally to help provide soothing support during a menstrual cycle. Basil oil is a powerful oil when it comes to feminine discomforts. By internally taking appropriate amounts of Basil, the oil can help diffuse the monthly unease and can assist in getting women back on their feet and enjoying their regular routines.
Caution: Basil essential oil and basil in any other form should be avoided by pregnant, breastfeeding, or nursing women.
All information contained within this site is for reference purposes only and are not intended to substitute the advice given by a pharmacist, physician, or any other licensed health-care professional. Show Some Scents products have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any health condition or disease.