Tea Tree essential oil – 100 % Therapeutic Grade 15ml
Botanical Name: Melaleuca alternifolia Plant Part: Leaves Extraction Method: Steam Distilled Origin: Australia.
- Common Uses: Tea Tree Essential Oil is best known as a very powerful immune stimulant.
It can help to fight all three categories of infectious organisms (bacteria, fungi, and viruses)
There is evidence that Tea Tree Oil massages prior to an operation may help to fortify the body and reduce post-operative shock.
Used in vapor therapy, Tea Tree Oil can help with colds, measles, sinusitis and viral infections.
Tea tree oil is applied to the skin (used topically) for infections such as acne, fungal infections of the nail (onychomycosis), lice, scabies, athlete’s foot (tinea pedis), and ringworm.
- It is also used topically as a local antiseptic for cuts and abrasions, for burns, insect bites and stings, boils, vaginal infections, recurrent herpes labialis
- Toothache, infections of the mouth and nose, sore throat – In the 1920s, it was used in dentistry and surgery to clean wounds and prevent infections. **Surgeons believed that it was more effective than carbolic acid, the commonly used antiseptic at that time
- Ear infections such as otitis media and otitis externa
- For skin and hair, Tea Tree has been used to combat acne, oily skin, head lice and dandruff. As essential oils have become more accepted by the public, the use of Tea Tree has increased significantly. This can be readily evidenced by the commercial products now using Tea Tree Essential Oil.
- Tea tree oil has been long valued for its antifungal, antibacterial, and antiviral properties.
- Consistency: Thin Note: Middle Strength of Aroma: Medium Aromatic Scent: Tee Tree Essential Oil has a fresh, antiseptic and medicinal scent. It also has characteristic mint and spice back-notes.
- Cautions: Tea Tree Essential Oil may cause dermal sensitization in some people.
Do not take internally.
All information contained within this site is for reference purposes only and are not intended to substitute the advice given by a pharmacist, physician, or any other licensed health-care professional. Show Some Scents products have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any health condition or disease.